• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seperate World and Medieval/Ancient Boards?

7 posts in this topic

Given the vast amount of (especially modern) world coins out there should there be a seperate board for the medieval/ancients? My thought is that in doing so it would make it much easier to find pertinent threads for those specialized collectors. Thoughts?

I have asked for this in the past, and given that the World/Ancients combined board is like a ghosttown here, Arch said it wasn't really merited. I suppose you can ask again, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Even on sites with a LOT more traffic for the world arena (e.g., cointalk.com) the world and ancient coins are lumped together. I'm not saying it's "right", I'm just saying, it might be something we have to live with. (shrug)

BRG, that is the same answer Arch gave me when I suggested that modern US coins be separated so that the members who do not like Moderns need not to post there with their rude comments.

One of the complaints about the NCG boards is a clutter of menu/sub-menu choices. Maybe the Medieval coin folks could just be given a special icon - maybe a monk's cowl, and the ancient folks an Athenian owl, that would help...?

One of the complaints about the NCG boards is a clutter of menu/sub-menu choices. Maybe the Medieval coin folks could just be given a special icon - maybe a monk's cowl, and the ancient folks an Athenian owl, that would help...?

That would help....assuming people actually used the icons to mean something when they post messages. ;)

One of the complaints about the NCG boards is a clutter of menu/sub-menu choices.

Indeed. We certainly don't need another separate subforum for a subforum that only gets two or three posts a day.

I have urged Arch to combine several of the existing forum/subforums. There comes a point where this many different areas is ridiculous, with little to no traffic in many of them.