• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You too Brutus?

7 posts in this topic

A rare coin has surfaced in New Zealand and it made the news

It amazes me that he thought of himself as a hero and celebrated the fact and now we think of him as a traitor and the lowest of the low. But they do say that history is written by the victors and Brutus picked the wrong team!!

It amazes me that he thought of himself as a hero and celebrated the fact and now we think of him as a traitor and the lowest of the low. But they do say that history is written by the victors and Brutus picked the wrong team!!

Caesar usurped power and made himself the absolute dictator of a nation that had a representative form of government so Brutus should take credit for the good deed of getting rid of a despot.

Caesar usurped power and made himself the absolute dictator of a nation that had a representative form of government so Brutus should take credit for the good deed of getting rid of a despot.

True, I am not disputing that. I can think of a few other occasions that a Brutus figure would have been very handy but that could get political so I am not going there.