• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Group out for grading

18 posts in this topic

Top Row (L-R):

Augsburg (Swedish occupation) Thaler 1632

Great Britain (Elizabeth I) sixpence 1562

Luneburg Thaler 1548

Hall 1/2 Thaler 1742 (my favorite, mintage 400 & the Krause book plate example)

Bottom Row:

Stolberg 24 Mariengroschen (2/3 Thaler) 1728

Great Britain (Bank of England) 3 Shilling token 1811

Hesse-Cassel 2/3 Thaler 1767

Bavaria Thaler 1826 - Death of Reichenbach and Fraunhofer

Frankfurt Thaler 1763

Very happy with results. I have my grades for the top row. They were sent Standard. I don't have them in hand yet but will post pics when I get them.

1) 1632 Augsburg Thaler - VF20

2) 1562 England sixpence - XF45

3) 1548 Luneburg Thaler - XF40

4) 1742 Hall 1/2 Thaler - AU Details (mount removed)

Agree with all grades. I knew about the mount removal on the Hall 1/2 Thaler but it does not distract. Only the Luneburg really surprised me - for the better. I was thinking VF.

Thanks nunfa0! Care to venture any wild guesses on the second row's grade??? Especially based off a very poor photo.... :popcorn:

I really know so little about these coins that I can't even guess the grades. What I do know is that I like them!!

I'm gonna throw out some grades, just based on the sides I see, for the second row. How about:

Stolberg -- AU 50

Great Britain -- MS 62

Hesse-Cassel -- AU 58

Bavaria -- AU 50 (I'm hazarding a guess there's wear on the reverse)

Frankfurt -- XF 45 (based on the light, I can't tell, so this guess is just for S's & G's).

Great guesses tewcd. Very close in my thinking on most (within a grade or so +/-). The two that would probably change your mind if you saw them in hand are the Hesse-Cassel (weakly stuck Obv but incredible Rev) and the Frankfurt. That's def lower. Prob VF20. It was a generous S&G guess and I thank you for that. I'll be sure to post the Rev of the Hesse-Cassel due to your avatar.

I just saw that my grades are in for the bottom row and wow tewcd, you nailed them based on a one sided, poor photo!

1) Stolberg - AU58

2) Great Britain - MS63

3) Hesse-Cassel - AU50

4) Bavaria - AU58

5) Frankfurt - XF40

Very pleased with all the grades! Great job NGC!!