• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1938-D Jefferson Nickel NGC MS67 5FS by lehigh96

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Obtained a 1938-D Jefferson Nickel NGC MS67 5FS from drbobcoins (E-Bay seller) for $699.50 and 1707 registry points.

1938-D 5C MS67 5FS: NGC Census: (8/0). PCGS Population (32/0) (2/2012).

Seller: E-Bay Seller: drbobcoins

E-Bay Listing: 120859876122

Ended: Feb 20, 201217:10:42 PST

Coin Description:

The coin is blanketed on both sides by a glowing golden patina and stunning luster resulting in magnificent eye appeal. An exacting strike yields five full steps for this top pop coin that has only a few minor imperfections.

Comments:

The 1938-D is plentiful in MS67 and with even golden toning. What separates this coin from the pack is the fact that the steps are full. One of only 8 coins graded MS67 5FS by NGC and PCGS has only graded another 32 (2/2012). This coin replaces a toned MS66 5FS that is impressive in its own right. To my knowledge, no collector outside of the top 5 in the registry has a 1938-D MS67 5FS in their collection attesting to its rarity. The majority of these coins are PCGS graded and reside in strong hands in the PCGS registry.

10827.jpg

See more journals by lehigh96

I am amazed as to what I have learned since starting my own adventure in collecting coins. I am a Newbie since I just started over the past five months.

I have gained a better understanding of the term -- rarity-- mostly from reading posts like yours.

Thanks for sharing and providing info on the 1938-D Jefferson Nickel.

Best wishes,

Jack