• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The US Mint Does IT Right

12 posts in this topic

And they deserve some positive feedback.

folks,

I recently criticized the Mint for the very mundane design of the U.S. Infanrry Commemorative Dollar. That design remains an uninspiring exercise in minimalism but the new Star Spangled Banner Commemorative Dollar looks beautiful. In fact, it kind of proves my own belief that you can hardly ever go wrong if you use an allegorical Miss Liberty as a major element of your design.

Scrap those ugly old Men coins, let's get back to real artistry.

Later,

Malcolm

10805.jpg

See more journals by BeawChan

It is a very nice design....much better the the Infantry coin. I did purchase a graded proof and MS version of the infantry and I hope they look better in hand then they do from the pictures I have seen. :wishluck:

Wow Gary... this is the first time I have seen your Inspirational Ladies set, and I am floored. What an awesome collection of absolutely amazing coins! I am in awe!

Wow Gary... this is the first time I have seen your Inpsirational Ladies set, and I am floored. What an awesome collection of absolutely amazing coins! I am in awe!

Gary's Coin of the Month journals are also fantastic. If you have not done so already, Follow Him, so you never miss one.

Later,

Malcolm

Thanks, I am very proud of that collection and the coins in it. Sometimes it takes a back seat to my other sets, but that is the first set I started when I joined Collector's Society. I usually add about 5-10 coins a year to it.

Gary

You're right Broke-Daddy, Walking Liberty is beautiful but something new like the Liberty on this Star Spangled Banner Dollar would be a nice refresh for the SAE or maybe an new Half Dollar denominated SAE with a new Lady Liberty. HMMMMM.

Later,

Malcolm