• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

having a problem uploading my pictures

10 posts in this topic

ok, i need some help.

i have never had an issue uploading pictures from my files.

i use a program called VIEW NX2, it came with my NIKON S6100 camera, to load into my computer.

Then i shrink them down in "paint" so that the files are small enough otherwise the chat boards will reject them.

Then i just crop them, save them into a folder.

Whenever i need them i can bring them up.

Well all of a sudden the pictures arenot showing.

it just shows a little attachment box with the file number, i think it is

if you not sure what i mean, go to, "US COINS"

then to the thread titled "what to do"

In there i try to uplaod a picture and that is what it gives.....

Anyhelp will be greatly appreciated, and i am pretty much computer illiterate, so please dumb it up for me.....?

thanks

nick

if you want to show pictures on the internet, they need to be loaded onto a server that is always on the interent and link the picture address.

You can use Photobucket, a free hosting service. You then copy the URL and type the following syntax directly into the text box for your message post:

URL

Feel free to shoot me a PM or email if you need help.

You can use Photobucket, a free hosting service. You then copy the URL and type the following syntax directly into the text box for your message post:

URL

Feel free to shoot me a PM or email if you need help.

I use photobucket too. Keeenoo, once you sign up on photobucket and are logged in, you can upload your photos to them, then go to the photo you want to post, on the right column next to the photo will be a bunch of code links. Click the IMG Link in the box, it should autocopy then you can right click>paste the link to your post and it should show. I hope this helps!!

CC

...i'm not real sure if you're having the same problem that was discussed here or not. there was some discussions on how to get around the problem, though. hth

Did you folks miss the part where he says that he hasn't had problems in the past but now he is all of a sudden.

Yes I did. Given that at least one other poster has had similar intermittent problems, it could be because of the transition to NGC's new server.

Did you folks miss the part where he says that he hasn't had problems in the past but now he is all of a sudden.

Yes I did. Given that at least one other poster has had similar intermittent problems, it could be because of the transition to NGC's new server.

I saw a thread by one of the admins saying that they are in progress of fixing some bugs in the new system. I am guessing picture uploads are one of the issues. (probably issues with Codex or what ever formatter the forum is using for the site)

But Photobucket is the easiest and you can also save your pics on there incase your PC crashes or you loose your data.

-Dave