• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Copper

15 posts in this topic

I had always wondered when I would move along to something other than silver and gold coins in my collection. I found it and thus begins my real copper collection. I doubt I'll ever have more than 6 or 7 pieces in it. This beats the heck out of the few Lincolns and Indian Head cents I've been looking at.

What was your choice for a "first" old copper?

1787fugiop45cslabcombob.jpg

I like it :). Dont have any US copper myself besides my old penny collections from when I was a kid, but I am really getting into the UK Conder Tokens. I should have a look at the early US stuff as well ... nothing like a new love.

Wendy

My first "old" copper was an 1846 large cent that I bought from my mother's cleaning lady when I was in the 5th grade. The first really old copper coin I owned was a 1794 large cent that came from the same source some time later. I had a decent obverse and a strong date, but the reverse was virturally blank.

I had always wondered when I would move along to something other than silver and gold coins in my collection. I found it and thus begins my real copper collection. I doubt I'll ever have more than 6 or 7 pieces in it. This beats the heck out of the few Lincolns and Indian Head cents I've been looking at.

What was your choice for a "first" old copper?

1787fugiop45cslabcombob.jpg

sexy choice medium light chololate brown CHOICE SURFACES AND COLOR

amazing and great coin and one of the first fugios i have seen in a long time with these choice surfaces and color WOW

the coin is an all there xf 45+ in my opinion

love the older holder as it has been in this holder for say 14-15 years or so and has not changed and so this is a good indication the coin has not been boinked or with and this is another positive especially so early copper in older holders

i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A DISTINCT RED BOOK VARIETY and just super cool as the fugio coppers were the first coins issued by the authority of the usa!! if abel buell could see this coin now in this wonderful state of preservation he would turn over in his grave

my first choice for an early copper was 42+ years ago and it was a more common variety pointed rays united states reverse that was scudzy fair details coin that i unfortunately dont have anymore

LOVELY Surfaces! Even I who do not collect such early coins can appreciate that beauty, congratulations on the pickup.

My first "old" copper (well to me anyway *blushes*) was an NGC 1909S Cent.

CC

My first old copper was an 1817 15 stars large cent that my grandmother passed to me as an inheritance. Still have it. I love that she got the "rarer" variety, even though it's only a Good.