• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now I know why they dropped PGCS graded coins from the World Sets.

1 post in this topic

Just got back another coin that NGC can't grade for lack of qualified graders on staff.

I just got back a 1813 German/Russian jetton that the boys at NGC can't grade, read: "Ineligible Type" on the return label. When I called to ask what this term meant I was told it means that they do not have anyone who can grade this medal. I was astonished at this since I have seen several of these same jettons graded by NGC. The answer to that was that they don't have those graders now. Then I remember seeing an ad for World Coin graders in NGC ads. Now I understand why they are dropping PCGS coins from the World Sets, they don't have the graders at NGC to compete with PCGS. I now have to send it PCGS to be graded and I can't put it in my World sets at NGC. Pulling all my coins from NGC Collectors Society was the right thing to do.

10781.JPG

See more journals by cvcc