• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russia and GB for sale.

10 posts in this topic

Have a couple of coins up for grabs on eBay. Russian 5 Kop is on eBay at .99 start and the GB Soho halfpenny is a BIN, but since I have no idea how to price these, feel free to send me a message with what you consider a reasonable offer or a suggested price.

CLICK ME

1789-EM Russian 5 Kopeks - NGC AU (Altered Color). One of the better examples of this issue I've seen in the last few years.

1799_russia_5kop_rev.jpg

1799_russia_5kop_obv.jpg

1799 Great Britain SOHO Half Penny - NGC MS65 BN

1799_gb_half_penny_rev.jpg

1799_gb_half_penny_obv.jpg

Thanks, Jim. I like it, as well. It sat in my collection for about 5 years and in a dealer's album for a number of years before that. Surprised it body-bagged, especially with a non-existing NGC code of "Altered Color". Don't want to play the crack-out and resubmit game with this one, so selling it as it is.

Thanks, Jim. I like it, as well. It sat in my collection for about 5 years and in a dealer's album for a number of years before that. Surprised it body-bagged, especially with a non-existing NGC code of "Altered Color". Don't want to play the crack-out and resubmit game with this one, so selling it as it is.

I'm a bit surprised that they put the coin in a details holder for altered color. I wonder what made them question it; it looks acceptable to me (but then again I don't collect these coins regularly either). I know the alloys could be different, but I have seen 1700s U.S. copper coins that look similar in color in graded holders.

I'm a bit surprised that they put the coin in a details holder for altered color. I wonder what made them question it; it looks acceptable to me (but then again I don't collect these coins regularly either). I know the alloys could be different, but I have seen 1700s U.S. copper coins that look similar in color in graded holders.

I'm not sure what made them body-bag it. This one baffles me. Especially since there are few spots of verdigris in the devices that would normally indicate a coin that hasn't been messed with for quite some time.