• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out the new service!

18 posts in this topic

Most people buy the coins for their history, and hope for a high grade coin. If the coin is a common date and below MS64, I think the prices will actually decrease. However, if they're higher grade (MS65+), they'll be worth more. So I guess it really comes down to the grade that it's given.

wow a fantastic idea and a really neat professional way to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love it! and will generate much interest especially so with holders of gsa dollsars that might be dmpl or higher grades where they do not want to break out the coin because of the gsa holder but would like the holder and grade together!!

great!!

also foir buyers of gsa holders where maybe a seller wants a huge premium for a coin bwcause the seller feels it is a 66 dmpl even a common date 1884 cc would command a huge premium and hard to get from buyers maybe? now

a buyer may feel more comfortable paying this premium if

the ngc grade and guarantee is on the gsa holder!!

well done ngc!!

sincerely michael

ps kool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a prototype and the coin was actually not graded, MS64 was simply assigned to the image, and the label print is computer generated, not real to life. However, I see a coin with great frost and luster, no major marks, and if the reverse were of equal or better quality I can see MS64 and would not be pleased to get an MS63 if I were the submitter. There are too many variables to draw conclusions based on images, IMO.

John

heh I was just going to say that was a lot nicer than most of my MS63's! smile.gif a 63 will usually have one ding on the cheek or a few smaller dings on the surface. The luster on that coin is very nice!

Absolutely Fabulous Idea !!

Sure makes me glad I have resisted cracking out my GSA's for all these years. I collect the coins because they are in the holder - it makes them different to me.

PQ--

No big deal. I just thought it was worth commenting because I know first hand how unreliable an image can be. We have 8 or 9 mointors in the grading room and if the same image is on all of them it will look slightly different at each station. Not to mention how it can vary depending on what equipment is used to take the image and who the photographer is.

John