• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re BUY BUY BUY posted by Six Mile Rick

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Words of wisdom

MV, I agree with you totally which is why 60% of my coins are pre 1965 and many coins are from 1800s. Of which most have gone up in value and a few have stayed. I do collect some moderns but I try to get the best grade. If you really like a modern series you can get good prices in 69s but when 2000 more grade at 69 well, the price drops. So enjoy collecting them and expect the value to drop. It is not about the money you spend. Its about the money you buy. It is coin collecting (beauty history art) combined.

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

So true, Rick!

I have different purchasing habits when buying coins for my collection as opposed to coins I want to make a profit on. I try to create a self-perpetuating system and use the profits to buy more collection :)

Hey Scott,

Let me know when you want some of those 1999 to 2009 PF70UCs I got. They will be here tomorrow and I'll do you right on them. The sets are only worth $14,000 FMV so buy them soon before they go any lower in value. Ha Ha

Later---Rick

Hey Guys,

I trend the same as Rick in my collecting. I say collecting because I don't buy coins to resell them so for me the main focus is always collecting what I have a passion for. I have heard this comment before regarding Modern coins and it seems to me that the question is not about the numbers produced but the numbers graded and taking the absolute or conditional rarity of a coin, Classic or Modern into account. I also collect the Mid Modern coins issued from 1950–1970 with an eye for those coins that will be the future rarities and are relatively inexpensive at the present time. You could have purchased a MS66 Morgan 25 years ago for under $100, today that same coin could cost thousands of dollars.To me, that is the exciting thing, finding that conditionally rare Franklin or early MS Kennedy that for now have not appreciated out of reach of my finances, but may bring a premium in the future.

Later Friends,

Larry