• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow! 7x sheet for a low end MS toned Peace $....

21 posts in this topic

I agree with Toner Guy concerning the pricing. The coin may very well be an incredible coin in hand, but the images are lousy, and I am surprised to see the coin fetch such a large premium with the associated photographs.

I do not know how a collector such as myself, can judge that coin picture as anything that I would want to spend over $300 on? If the seller can not be bothered or doesn't to care enough to insert focused images of the coin in his ad, I just go right by any coin with poor pictures like this as a waste of my time. Sorry, but I see nothing in that ad to entice me to buy that coin, especially when one bidder did most of the price hiking incrementally!

Do you know how beat up that Peace dollar must be to be MS61? MS64 is my cut off which is why I stayed far away from that one

FYI - You're missing out on some really nice toned Peace $ if MS64 is your cut off...Many beautifully toned examples are MS63s.

Few nicely toned Peace $ get into holders with the lofty grades of MS66-67.

And honestly the coins that are in the MS60-63 range end up being the more profitable coins as you can see from this auction.

This was kinda of why I posted this thread...You will almost never see a 7x-10x premium for a toned MS65-67 Peace $ but you will see it for the MS60-64 coins.

At LB I saw a MS60 coin being priced at $1800 and a MS62 coin for $2700. Neither were worth that kind of mark-up but the potential is there.

And for the original coin, it might be quite stunning in hand.

Do you know how beat up that Peace dollar must be to be MS61? MS64 is my cut off which is why I stayed far away from that one

FYI - You're missing out on some really nice toned Peace $ if MS64 is your cut off...Many beautifully toned examples are MS63s.

Few nicely toned Peace $ get into holders with the lofty grades of MS66-67.

And honestly the coins that are in the MS60-63 range end up being the more profitable coins as you can see from this auction.

This was kinda of why I posted this thread...You will almost never see a 7x-10x premium for a toned MS65-67 Peace $ but you will see it for the MS60-64 coins.

At LB I saw a MS60 coin being priced at $1800 and a MS62 coin for $2700. Neither were worth that kind of mark-up but the potential is there.

And for the original coin, it might be quite stunning in hand.

I understand that completely.......

The good news is a local ( Ron Sirna) has two delicious MS64's! Ill own them oneday!

I agree about avoiding beat up examples, but at MS64 you are setting your bar too high. My 1923 NGC star rainbow peace dollar only grades MS63, but it is devoid of large, distracting marks.

I agree about avoiding beat up examples, but at MS64 you are setting your bar too high. My 1923 NGC star rainbow peace dollar only grades MS63, but it is devoid of large, distracting marks.

It really all depends. I owned a MS63 with very minimal marks at all and than again I owned a MS64 that was very baggy..... But seriously, you know a MS61 is going to be tore up! Especially with all that toning

I confirmed I know the buyer and I would say it's very likely the coin will be consigned so me so we should have better images of it and I should be able to see it in hand. For what it's worth I wouldn't have paid that price for the coin based on the images but it may be a low MS grade monster in hand...only time will tell (thumbs u

I confirmed I know the buyer and I would say it's very likely the coin will be consigned so me so we should have better images of it and I should be able to see it in hand. For what it's worth I wouldn't have paid that price for the coin based on the images but it may be a low MS grade monster in hand...only time will tell (thumbs u

Wow! I would have never guessed that the buyer would have purchased it for immediate resale. While you are an excellent selling venue and obtain very competitive prices (I may consign some stuff to you myself soon), I think this coin has been maxed out in terms of resale value.

Speaking of ridiculous premiums.... The bidders are going wild on this one! http://www.ebay.com/itm/370585396020?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_5679wt_1396

A $510 hammer price is ridiculous for this coin, but then again, I don't have a lot of room to talk since I have overpaid for color at times too.

Wow! I would have never guessed that the buyer would have purchased it for immediate resale. While you are an excellent selling venue and obtain very competitive prices (I may consign some stuff to you myself soon), I think this coin has been maxed out in terms of resale value.

perhaps lol