• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ICG Slabs - is there a way to tell when a coin was graded...

10 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AWESOME-1925-P-ICG-MS64-PEACE-WATERCOLOR-RAINBOW-TONED-/310380459595?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item48441df64b

Can one of the slab experts on the forum tell from looking at this toned Peace $ when it was graded ?

Thanks - oh and of course please feel free to discuss the technical merits of the coin.

Actually unless the AT toning is hiding a cleaning I do think the coin is a MS64...

I am just wondering if there's a way to determine when it was graded based on the slab... Did ICG ever change their slabs or inserts ?

That's their most recent slab. Within the last three years or so.

Did ICG ever change their slabs or inserts ?

Yes, but not nearly as many times as the other services have.

Im not sure if you guys caught my thread with toned peace dollars I inherited from my grandmother or not, but that peace dollar has VERY similiar toning as my 1924. I sent my coins to Shane for an opinion which Im anxiously waiting for, so I'm just going off memory and my not so good pictures.

Nick

Im not sure if you guys caught my thread with toned peace dollars I inherited from my grandmother or not, but that peace dollar has VERY similiar toning as my 1924. I sent my coins to Shane for an opinion which Im anxiously waiting for, so I'm just going off memory and my not so good pictures.

Nick

Do you have a link to that thread ? And did you post pics of your coins... ?

I have never come across toning like that on the coin in my link...

With the obverse gash, it seems MS 60-62.

What disturbs me about this coin is the price of $350 unless your a toning fanatic I guess. CDN Bid for a MS 64 is about $50 / Retail about $75. Who is going to pay that price? I guess I am just not a toning fan.