• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for a higer grade 1965 SMS Cameo dime.

7 posts in this topic

Anyone have, and is willing to sell, a 67 cameo or higher 1965 SMS dime?

I have a 68 currently and i have not even found anything cameo above a 65 for sale in the past few months.

Usually there are coins to be had but this one escapes me still.

Thanks for any help, Matt.

Thats not good to hear.

If i dime man like yourself can not find one, im probably not going to have much luck.

I went thru 100's of raw sets at a local shop and not one nice looking dime in 65 to be had.

I found a few deep cam looking coins in other years so im going to send some in soon but that darn 65 dime....

The fun continues......

Thanks for the link.

I missed that somehow.

My Mr. Wantlist must have not been set up right as i do have that as a search coin but i never received an email, or i missed that coin on the email.

Anyways, Thank you again.

I found a really deep cameo looking 1966 nickel that i am going to send in once i get a few more coins to submit.

I have a 2011 reverse proof, the S minted both from the 25th set but im not sure i want to break my raw set up. That kind of kills the set and makes the other 3 worth less. If i submit them all i only get the 25th set label on the 2. Not that the label makes a real huge difference but i do enjoy the raw set as it sits in my display case in the kitchen. Something about the look of them as the mint made them appeals to me. Especially in the great display case the came in.Plus since i bought it as a single set from eBay, it was opened already. Then i have the same thing from my 20th set but again, i hate to ruin that set.

That and i buy very few raw coins anymore. I just do not have the eye to pick out the better ones from the junk especially off of a website picture. In hand i can use a loop and i do much better but Green Bay has only a few decent coin shops and very little variety compared to other places Ive been.

Maybe we should go in on a submission to save shipping costs and insurance.

I would send the nickel and one other coin along and split the costs 50/50 on the shipping and insurance, plus obviously pay for my coins grading.

I do still have my 5 free submission coupon for NGC but im not sure if i want to use that on US coins, or my wife's ever growing Australian coin collection. She has many raw coins and getting them graded is a great way to keep the her happy.

Whats a feller to do???

One question i have is can you submit US graded coins for designation review with a submission of world coins or would i have to stick with US coins to do that?

I looked thru the website but this was not real clear. About the only thing i found was the 5 coin minimum for getting different coins graded, not a variety review.

I bought a 1959 proof quarter and once i received it I noticed it was a double die variety that NBC recognizes. It has only a few in that top grade so it is well worth it to me to spend the few dollars to get it noted.

Take care, Matt