• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1949-S Jefferson Nickel NGC MS66 by lehigh96

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Obtained a 1949-S Jefferson Nickel NGC MS66 from Greattoning (E-Bay seller) for $70.00 and 59 registry points.

This auction was won using a max bid of $125.50.

1949-S 5C MS66: NGC Census: (130/21). PCGS Population (76/0) (12/11).

Seller: E-Bay Seller: Greattoning

E-Bay Listing: 320842938139

Ended: Feb 12, 201217:45:01 PST

Coin Description:

The surfaces are only MS65 quality but the luster and eye appeal are outstanding yielding the market grade of MS66. Vibrant yellow, powder blue, and peach blanket the well struck obverse. The reverse shows yellow, lilac, and burnt orange in a variegated pattern. And while the strike is decent, the steps are all but non existent.

Comments:

I find it ironic that after discussing how elusive the 1949-S has been over the last 5 years back in December 2011, that another example hits the market less than 2 months later. An example that is just as lustrous and with much better eye appeal. And while the surfaces of the NGC MS66 do not compare to the surfaces of the PCGS MS66, my collection is first and foremost about eye appeal. Move over PCGS, you have just been relegated to the duplicate set and I sentence you to wear a for sale sign by the end of the month.

10639.jpg

See more journals by lehigh96

Not only is that a great coin, but kudos goes to the photographer to capture the essence of the toning and real beauty of this coin. Great job!

Thank you very much, the photographer is yours truly. Not bad for a point and shoot eh?