• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Article

4 posts in this topic

I am a Christian, but I have to say that the US was not built as a Christian nation but as a Roman republic with some alterations. Most of our government is based upon the Roman structure prior to the emperors with some safeguards to protect against an emperor arising here.

The particular paragraph in question, Article I, Section 10, Paragraph 1 states:

"No state shall enter into any treaty, alliance, or confederation; grant letters of marque and reprisal; coin money; emit bills of credit; make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts; pass any bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law impairing the obligation of contracts, or grant any title of nobility."

This, to me, applies only to the states and not to the federal government. And I do not believe we will ever see a gold standard in this country every again.

Neil

Interesting article! I have to disagree, though. With the arrival of 2003, we have now been off the gold standard for 70 years. Recall Forbes, running for President? One of his main platforms was the return TO the gold standard. It is! gainng ground...

I'll be blunt, that guy is a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person. He basically wants to create a vigilante society, where there's no government. That's an absolutely terrible thought. No one would be safe.