• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo Errors! Heritage Long Beach

4 posts in this topic

I'm selling my collection of 80 pieces of Buffalo Nickel errors and varieties through Heritage at Long Beach.

http://apps.heritagecoin.com/common/search_items.php?source=&cboDenomination=Buffalo+Nickels&cboSaleNo=349&hdnSearch=true&sid=71CC23B0A2FA8A375C3A86459E79FD89

There's something for everyone, a Buff on a Cent Planchet, a coin that served as a Plate coin in David Lange's book, some tough date off-centers and broadstrikes, an ultra rare 1936-D 3 1/2 Leg (possibly less than 100 exist), a lovely 1935 DDR in the elusive AU grade, as well as some very tough RPM's. There's even a Buffalo struck on a planchet that split before it was struck and a mated obverse/reverse of a split after struck 1919 nickel. These coins range from scarce to possibly unique and are just loads of fun to look at and study. I believe many of these coins represent true rarity and are incredibly under appreciated in today's market. This collection has taken me approximately 15 years to assemble and it has been a true joy. I know it will be very difficult if not impossible to ever replace it. But it's time to move on. (For more history and background, see the "David J. Greene Collection...." under Heritage press releases or under "Auction Highlights" under the Auctions tab on their website).

Thankyou John, and I agree with you that Buffalos are one of the great American coin designs of all time and I never get tired of looking at them.

Online bidding ends at 11:00 EDT tonight. It's the last chance to bid online for these truly rare, seldom offered Buffalo errors. Many of these coins are reserved at about 50 to 65 percent of the price you'd see them offered on a dealer's inventory list, if and when available. If you have never seen or held an off-center/broadstike Buffalo in your hand, I can virtually guarantee that you'll be hooked when you do. Just seeing one of these (the 1937) in my local dealer's case back in 1989 started me on this crazy but wonderful journey. I truly appreciate all the kind comments regarding my collection. Thankyou and best of luck to those who are bidding.

Buffalo Errors Heritage Session 1 Long Beach

Best regards to all,

David