• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's one Shane would dig

7 posts in this topic

Toner Guy hit it right on the button. I just got this back from NGC, details Uncirculated. She broke my heart because it's a MS65 in my opinion.

How can you tell? Educate me please?

I cant really tell anything from the pics other to say that I think I see some spotty toning or the toning has a crackled effect from the pics...

While I am not an expert on toning on WLH I cannot remember seeing those attributes on other toned WLH. Doesnt mean your coin isnt NT just means that is unusual and unusual toning patterns on coins usually means a details holder....

You can try to resubmit it. Last year I submitted a rainbow toned proof Ike that was BB'd (the old term for a finding of AT). So I re-submitted last month and it came back with a * so dont give up yet.

I like your coin though.

Toner Guy hit it right on the button. I just got this back from NGC, details Uncirculated. She broke my heart because it's a MS65 in my opinion.

How can you tell? Educate me please?

That is a very unusual toning pattern and color scheme for a Walker. There is no easy way to educate you about traditional toning patterns for a specific coin series. The only way to learn is through experience. My advice, look at Heritage's WLH auction archives of star coins to get an idea of how these coins traditionally tone. I don't collect Walkers, but my limited experience with the series tells me you should expect a lot of mottled russet and burnt orange toning and very little vibrant colorful examples.