• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st spouce gold coin

7 posts in this topic

I find myself getting more and more drawn towards buying a Mary Todd Lincoln first spouce coin....I don't know why, other than I kind of have a Lincoln thing going on with having bought the Chronicles set, the Pres dollar with first lady medal set, etc.... I am I guess pretty infatuated with Lincoln, but I am unsure if the first spouce coins are worth the investment....Any thoughts? I know the first spouce coins are somewhat held in disdain in at least some numismatic circles.....

I find myself getting more and more drawn towards buying a Mary Todd Lincoln first spouce coin....I don't know why, other than I kind of have a Lincoln thing going on with having bought the Chronicles set, the Pres dollar with first lady medal set, etc.... I am I guess pretty infatuated with Lincoln, but I am unsure if the first spouce coins are worth the investment....Any thoughts? I know the first spouce coins are somewhat held in disdain in at least some numismatic circles.....

I don't think gold is held in distain by the majority of people. Maybe the shape of it , maybe what it depicts, maybe who owns it, but not the gold itself.

If you do buy it and then find yourself with disdain, please send to me.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

I have trouble getting over the hump that coins struck just for collectors never intended to see circulation are in demand. Since they are perfect they are beautiful to look at but any premium beyond bullion is/should be a risk.

That being said, I have a 3" Bronze Medal of Lincoln I purchased from the mint. Also bought the box for an addt'l $8.00.

You can have it for cost + shipping...........

I bought it and a Washington a couple years back.

I like the "classic" spouse coins a lot especially the Jackson. I just don't feel like paying the premiums...

jom

That being said, I have a 3" Bronze Medal of Lincoln I purchased from the mint. Also bought the box for an addt'l $8.00.

You can have it for cost + shipping...........

I bought it and a Washington a couple years back.

Pm sent