• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lame attempt by seller - "1915" OBW roll

4 posts in this topic

The seller of an obw roll is touting a "1915 OBW wheatie roll" in his listing. If it were real, it would be a miracle as even 20's rolls seem nonexistant. But a closer look reveals that it is the patent date of the wrapper is 1915, not the date on the coins! The roll is a tails-tails. After another inspection the seller worded the listing feignly, not actually proclaming the roll had 1915s in it but leading the buyer to think so.

People create misleading listings all of the time, and it is unfortunate. With this said, the seller does indicate in the listing that 1915 is the patent date. I don't think he'll get his asking price. The coins could all be from the late 1950s where rolls can be readily had for $10 - $20 or so.

Yea, I would steer clear of this auction. This ad reminds me of Forrest Gump " My momma always said, life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”

Then I started to think about shrimp... You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich.... :insane: