• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bragging Rights...

13 posts in this topic

The US Mint did a nice job on stamping out these proofs. I love this years design better than 2011 except for the Gettysburg National Military Park. I might start getting some of the 5oz if my wallet can afford it. $204 is such a better price than the price I paid for the 2010 series.

On another note. Since starting my collecting and joining NGC in 2009 to keep track of my coins in the year of 2011, I ranked #1 for three coin competitive sets and received a (3) BEST CATEGORY 2011. That was nice to see that my efforts paid off. But the surprise was getting 3 certificates from NGC recognizing my efforts. I know I am new to coin collecting, but it was nice to receive the certificates in the mail which impressed my two girls.

Now it is a start of a New Year and I am down in one of my sets. I come to realize if I want to be on top I have to be faster in getting my coins up. When the Silver America The Beautiful National Park 25c Proof 70's came up for auction they were going for over $170.00. That was way too expensive for me. The wait of winner an auction for less caused my NGC Top Ranking Set to drop down from a number one to number 3. I’ve come to the conclusion that bragging rights is not for me. I stick to saving up form my Jefferson sets. Unless I win the lottery then everyone better watch out.

Happy Collecting

Ed best_category2011.gif

sig.jpg

IMG02251-20120209-1836.jpg

IMG02253-20120209-1837.jpg

IMG02255-20120209-1837.jpg

IMG02260-20120209-1839.jpg

IMG02262-20120209-1840.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Great set!!! I didn't realize how cool some of that series really is. I've got the silver proof sets because I get them every year, but haven't really looked at them. I'll have to pull them out to look at the quarters.

The US Mint did a nice job on stamping out these proofs. I love this years design better than 2011 except for the Gettysburg National Military Park. I might start getting some of the 5oz if my wallet can afford it. $204 is such a better price than the price I paid for the 2010 series.

On another note. Since starting my collecting and joining NGC in 2009 to keep track of my coins in the year of 2011, I ranked #1 for three coin competitive sets and received a (3) BEST CATEGORY 2011. That was nice to see that my efforts paid off. But the surprise was getting 3 certificates from NGC recognizing my efforts. I know I am new to coin collecting, but it was nice to receive the certificates in the mail which impressed my two girls.

Now it is a start of a New Year and I am down in one of my sets. I come to realize if I want to be on top I have to be faster in getting my coins up. When the Silver America The Beautiful National Park 25c Proof 70's came up for auction they were going for over $170.00. That was way too expensive for me. The wait of winner an auction for less caused my NGC Top Ranking Set to drop down from a number one to number 3. I’ve come to the conclusion that bragging rights is not for me. I stick to saving up form my Jefferson sets. Unless I win the lottery then everyone better watch out.

Happy Collecting

Ed best_category2011.gif

sig.jpg

We both fell to 3rd.. ha ha ha. The first place guy has his set obscured.. figures.. ha ha ha... Oh well, my clad set is coming and I will add them next week.

We both fell to 3rd.. ha ha ha. The first place guy has his set obscured.. figures.. ha ha ha... Oh well, my clad set is coming and I will add them next week.

Obscuring really should not be allowed.

Kenneth, I was about to bid on some clads but for the price people are betting on you would think they were betting on silver coins. Good luck on your rise to first place. Next year I am going to beat that collect who is in first.

Happy Collecting,

Ed

Same here they have decent prices. But I wait till prices come down. Right now they are going for $121.oo for the clad. That is $2.00 less that I paid for the silver coins.