• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

here's two articles on possible metal changes for u.s. coins

8 posts in this topic

I saw those articles too. Colored steel? Maybe they could color it gold and then another brainiac out there can come up with the idea of melting them all down along with presidential dollars and selling the gold to foreign countries to pay down the national debt.....

I did notice the senator that introduced the bill was from Pittsburgh if memory serves....not that being from a steel town would influence him at all...no, never.

The best solution is to just get rid of the cent and nickel (and the paper dollar).and start minting $2 coins. Stop making half dollars too -- they are made only for collectors, and most of us don't want them.

Personally, I think the dollar coin is fine, but we need larger denomination coinage...$5, $10, $20, & $50 coins to keep you from having to carry five pounds of metal in your pocket to take your girl to the movies.

i already hate going thru the airport as it is with them not giving up drinks or smokes after a nice pat down. i cant imagine all the metal in ones pocket :(

Boy do I hear you there! Do you like the new scanners? You can't even have paper in your pockets anymore. I travel quite a bit myself and I am honestly getting ready to start traveling in a swim suit.... and to quote Tim Allen in the "Santa Clause"..... "You don't want to see this in a Speedo"

Personally, I think the dollar coin is fine, but we need larger denomination coinage...$5, $10, $20, & $50 coins to keep you from having to carry five pounds of metal in your pocket to take your girl to the movies.

At least she'd think you're happy to see her.