• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7 posts in this topic

I have to agree with TwoKopeiki. Beautiful colors, if it were mine, I'd leave it alone the way it is. But it is your coin, if you really feel you want it lightened, contact NCS here to have it done professionally the correct way.

Hey Jim, I looked at your coin very closely, both on eBay and when you listed it here. It'd be perfect for my First Year of Issue Proof Type Set. But I was so unsure of how it would look in hand with how dark it is. Also, the date/under the date seems to show some break in the color? It looks a bit distracting to me.

You're right in that your price is awesome for the grade, but the dark color kept me from making an offer. If you find out that NCS can help it, do let me know once you get it back.

Should you ever see a coin of mine you are not sure about let me know. I always have a generous return policy on all coins. I could have let you check it out for shipping cost only.

I have an offer of $1250 from heritage auction. I was wanting to consign but I did not realize it was a 5k min. Their offer surprised me. But I am waiting to hear from great collections before I decide what to do. I still think it will do well in a larger auction I have seen several darker coins with no color sell for $1600 at heritage. I researched some proofs at great collections and I hope it may fair well there.