• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBay Coin Category Changes

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone recently looked at the categories/criteria that eBay has created for refining a coin search? For instance, you could previously select "certified" and then you would be allowed to pick among ICG, ANACS, PCGS, and NGC. Is it just me, or did ICG disappear completely from the list, and if so, is this intentional? I hadn't received any notifications of the new changes.

In addition to changing the services to drop ICG and add CAC, the number of grading categories have also increased and the uncirculated category is now subdivided into the full 11 point scale. Anyone care to share their thoughts on the new changes?

I have never found the classifications on eBay to be useful because they are not consistently used by sellers. I use the "or" search strings including "(NGC, PCGS, ANACS, ICG)" and that seems to get me far more than using the "certified" link.

As for the CAC addition, I hadn't noticed, and I hadn't noticed the MS being broken out....but again, I can't imagine these classifications will be any better than the "NGC" and "PCGS" ones were in the past, because people listing their coins won't attribute or group them appropriately.

The feature that I used most on Ebay was the "closing soon" features to look for things that I may have missed. I do not buy many coins on Ebay but do buy other hardware items or books occasionally.