• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 2012 commemoratives and pricing

7 posts in this topic

It is interesting note that they are selling multi coin sets again. I guess they did that last year, and I somehow missed it, which disappoints me.

When they were charging $175.00 (approximate) for the $5 gold commemorative coins, the price of gold was $400 or less. Yes, the $500+ prices are hard to swallow, but it’s not out of proportion with price levels from years past.

The $5 gold commems are 1/4 oz. The $5 ASEs are 1/10 oz.

Didn't they already use pretty much the same infantryman design on a few other modern commems? It sure looks familiar.

Aren't the $5 gold coins only 1/10 oz of gold? If so, $500 seems a bit much to me.

The $5 gold commemorative coins contain 0.241875 ounces of gold. This is the same amount as the classical $5 Liberty Head and $5 Indian Head coins.

Didn't they already use pretty much the same infantryman design on a few other modern commems? It sure looks familiar.

Similar but going in the other direction on the Korea and WWII commemoratives.

It is interesting note that they are selling multi coin sets again. I guess they did that last year, and I somehow missed it, which disappoints me.

According to the page that was linked earlier they have not done multi-coin commemorative sets since 2009.

I still want to know why we are celebrating the 198th anniversary of the Star Spangled Banner and calling it a Bicentennial? The poem was written, and the battle that inspired it, occurred in 1814 not 1812.