• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGA MS66 1962D Franklin Half (National Guaranteed Authentication Standars???

11 posts in this topic

I don't see an image. But that is not a well known, respected grading company, if it is even a legitimate one at all. The coins should be treated as if they are uncertified and I would avoid them.

Link

As indicated, the service isn't well respected and if you look closely, even with the crumby photographs you can see that the coin would not grade MS66. It doesn't appear to be anywhere close to a gem grade in my opinion.

Yes-I totally agree with the previous posts. I would only begin to trust the grades on PCGS, NGC and ANACS- sometimes ICG and PCI. Keep in mind only really PCGS and NGC will hold their resale value and depending on the coin I would rarely ever pay even close to the FMV in the Numismedia Price guide.There was/is a lot of fly by night grading companies- some people just buy blank holders, print up some labels and make them up in their basement. All their proofs are PF70 and the business strike coins are all MS68.

One can never be certain, but in most cases these are "self-slabbers" who purchase the shells and print their own labels in the basement with inflated grades, to sell at auction to unsuspecting consumers. Their so-called "bar codes" will not even scan and mean absolutely nothing...a complete and utter conflict of interest.