• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone else get a survey from the mint's contractor today?

9 posts in this topic

I got a request to participate in a survey by the foreign firm that's redesigning the mint's website to try and help them with the layout and where we would expect to find things on the new site, etc. Did anyone else get this?

No, but they have contacted me before and gotten less than sterling reviews. I don't buy anything except the commemorative coins from the mint. I stopped buying Proof sets years ago because of quality issues.

The e-mail showed up in my inbox around 4:15 yesterday:

"National Analysts Worldwide is conducting a brief survey, on behalf of the United States Mint, to identify how the United States Mint can improve the products and services it provides. The survey is entirely voluntary, and should take about 10-15 minutes of your time.

The deadline for completing the survey is January 29th, 2012."

If you have any questions while you are completing the survey, please

e-mail me at info834@nationalanalysts.com, or call 1-800-342-9102

x6930 9am to 5pm EST. If you would like more information about

National Analysts Worldwide, you may visit the firm's website at www.

nationalanalysts.com

Thank you again for participating in our study.

Sincerely,

Erin Gentzle

Associate Operations Manager

National Analysts Worldwide

I got a survey from Erin Gentzle with the subject "US MINT Special Sets Survey". The organization that conducted the survey was National Analysts Worldwide, a Philadelphia (USA) based Research and Consulting firm. I took the survey.

The survey I participated in was primarily about the possibility of offering a special 2012 Silver Eagle Set. What would I like to see in the set, different mixes of Eagles (including interestingly enough the non-existent Denver Mint Silver Eagle), how many sets should be produced, what ordering limits should be in placed and the like. They were also interested in my purchasing of Mint products over the last 24 months and particularly the 25th Anniversary Sets.

So are we going to have a special "26th Anniversary (my words) Set"? You think the US Mint figured out they botched the release of the 25th Anniversary Sets, leaving a lot of money of the table while still managing to upset a large percentage of their loyal customer base?

Basically, I have had it with collecting Silver Eagles in my permanent collection. However, for all of you Eagle collectors, when asked what I would like to see in the 2012 set, I did responded a 2009 Silver Proof Eagle. What do you think the chances of that are?

The Mint has a long way to go win back good will but surveying your customer base is a start.

This survey was on the organization of the mint's website, and ironically enough, the survey itself had those annoying drop down menus, where they keep expanding out until you find what you're looking for. Unfortunately, on the very first question, the drop down menu completely covered the button you were supposed to press when you finally find what it told you to look for!

when asked what I would like to see in the 2012 set, I did responded a 2009 Silver Proof Eagle. What do you think the chances of that are?

Pretty much zero as that would require new legislation from Congress. (unless they put both the 2009 and the 2012 dates on the coin. Like a normal 2009 date with a very small 2012 under IGWT.)