• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Collectors Society Registry Question

6 posts in this topic

Greetings-

Total newbie to the message boards and to registering a set as well. I have a question that I thought would best be answered by the folks at NGC, but I guess my hefty membership fee only entitles me to ask on the message board, so here goes:

I am putting together a registered set of Morgan Carson City dollars. In the registered set template I entered a GSA coin graded by NGC and it comes up as an 1880/rev79 and is scoring it that way. The coin is a straight up 1880. I want my set to be registered properly so I know where it stands compared to its peers, but it won't be unless it is registered properly.

Why is there only an 1880/rev 79 listed in the registered set? I would think if anything the straight up 1880 would be the norm and the variation would be omitted.

Does anybody have any answers or can point me in the direction to get one?

Thanks!

A Complete set should have BOTH Rev 78 thin (seventh arrow feather) and Rev 79

(Expanded seventh arrow feather) See my set for difference.

You should have access to The Registry Forum unless they are waiting for a check to clear or something dunno ...

try clcking on this ..

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1

Good Luck - Look forward to seeing your set

Mike

I believe that both,tonedollars and jgrinz,explanations are accurate.I looked at your coin in question from your set and can see your confusion by the way NGC has labeled your coin. I would send an email to Dena who works with the NGC Registry's for an explanation.

Dave

While there are different reverse types for 1880-CC dollars, I believe that all 1880-CC dollars are over date coins to one extent or another. There is really no such thing as a "stright up" 1880-CC dollar that does not have some sort of over date.

I believe that both,tonedollars and jgrinz,explanations are accurate.I looked at your coin in question from your set and can see your confusion by the way NGC has labeled your coin. I would send an email to Dena who works with the NGC Registry's for an explanation,

Dave

It's not a good idea to post e-mail addresses in public where lurkers & spammers can see them. I think it would be advisable to edit your post. The OP can obtain her address from the member list.

Chris