• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YATPDT Yet another toned peace dollar thread

42 posts in this topic

You guys like my recent pickup?

This guy doesn't. It looks too dark and almost environmentally damaged at the borders for my taste.

Agreed. I saw that coin on ebay, and it's BIN price kept getting lower and lower, but I couldn't pull the trigger for the same reason Mark mentioned.

As a dog owner sorry to hear about your dog, hope he's ok. Looks like a good boy.

Thanks for the comment, he is a great dog.

He was diagnosed with some heart issues, while we had taken him in for a urinary tract infection.

He's been put on 2 meds, and has responded well.

He was asymptomatic to begin with, so he's doing just fine.

My dog had cancer (he is now deceased). As part of his chemotherapy, I have some unused prescription Flagyl 250 mg pills. If this is part of his therapy I will gladly send them to your vet at no cost.

Jim what I like about your coin, as I do not mind the black at all, is that the devices seem somewhat framed in contrast in the center. I dont want to say cameo because it has a very crusty look to it and cameo would be innacurate. What I dont like about the coin is that, at least when I first noticed it on ebay, the asking price was in line with toning of a much more monster level. I dont think it should fetch the premiums that the original asking price was seeking but thats oersonal opinion. Purely as a unique coin I do like it.

Im sure the same sentiments might be said about the coin in my op as I also paid a premium for it that others might not see, but that is the beauty of the hobby isnt it.

My dog had cancer (he is now deceased). As part of his chemotherapy, I have some unused prescription Flagyl 250 mg pills. If this is part of his therapy I will gladly send them to your vet at no cost.

Thanks Jim.

I appreciate the offer, but he is on solotol for arrythmia and analapril for blood pressure.

-AJ

This guy doesn't. It looks too dark and almost environmentally damaged at the borders for my taste.

Agreed. I saw that coin on ebay, and it's BIN price kept getting lower and lower, but I couldn't pull the trigger for the same reason Mark mentioned.

I have never met a black-toned coin I Iiked. Yours is no exception.

I completely agree, and I don't care for overly dark toning (with very few exceptions).

I completely agree, and I don't care for overly dark toning (with very few exceptions).

Neither do I. One of the reasons I don't collect copper. Most are too "dark" for me.

Whether that Peace dollar is too dark I can't tell...I just don't like the look. Grey/black/charcoal just doesn't do it for me.

To each their own though....

jom

Well the coin arrived today and its a winner. The colors are more luminescent than the pics show. Its quite unique fits right into the collection. I dont have the equipment to do so now but it should photograph well. Will post my pics later in the year I guess.

Well the coin arrived today and its a winner. The colors are more luminescent than the pics show. Its quite unique fits right into the collection. I dont have the equipment to do so now but it should photograph well. Will post my pics later in the year I guess.

So I got home and go to look at the coin under different lights and with the loupe and all that good stuff. The coin is nothing short of amazing. I could not be happier. This one jumped right into my top 5. The toning is actually rainbow toning which is impossible to see from the pictures at it sparkles in the shades of the rainbow as you twist it in the light. I dont know how this coin didnt star. It was purchased from NFC coin and they were unbelievable about it so I am going to give them a shout out in their own thread because I received from them what I consider stellar customer service.