• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Custom Set slot order, maximum characters...

1 post in this topic

Can you allow the slot order to have more than 5 characters in it for the custom sets?

I'm building a custom Type Set here:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/CoinCustomSetGallery.aspx?s=8829

It's a first year of issue type set that I'd like to present in chronological order, so I'd like to use the minted year for the slot order, followed by a 3 digit decimal for the denomination, to keep them in chronological order without having to renumber every slot every time I add a new coin.

So for instance, right now the 1964 Kennedy half is in the first slot, but its slot order number is "1964", not "1". Which is fine. But when I get to a year where more than one new issue was released (such as 2010), the maximum 5 characters won't let me put in 2010.001 for the cent, 2010.025 for the quarter, etc.

I'd really love it if we could have 8 characters, which would allow me to go up to 2010.100 for any dollar coin designs. This way, I would never have to renumber a slot when adding a new coin in the future, as my numbering system would automatically sort it out beautifully. =)

Thanks in advance.