• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why don't we just melt all the gold dollars in storage to reduce our debt?

37 posts in this topic

I did not know that Sacagawea Dollars were actually made of gold!

They aren't....they are copper and brass. A few gold ones were made and returned to the Mint.

The $1 coins have NO gold in them.

They aren't....they are copper and brass. A few gold ones were made and returned to the Mint.

Of course, they are. I see people bringing them into shops and shows daily wanting to sell them off before the price of gold falls anymore.

By the way, Goldfinger, I think you need your sarcasm meter checked. ;)

[quote name=ultra-crepidarianBy the way, Goldfinger, I think you need your sarcasm meter checked. ;) [/quote]

I thought someone seriously implied -- or others might believe -- that they were actually made of gold. I know the vets here or serious collectors know otherwise, just wanted to make sure.

Of course, they are. I see people bringing them into shops and shows daily wanting to sell them off before the price of gold falls anymore.

By the way, Goldfinger, I think you need your sarcasm meter checked. ;)

For kicks and giggles I would say the price of gold has already dropped, but I will buy them for 90 cents apiece ...

Dang it was already removed, I miss all the good stuff

...I find it incredibly funny that it took a year for the station to finally figure out that their story was beyond stupid!!!! doh! I originally posted this in 2012. :popcorn: