• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Collectors Society Membership Tier! Conservation from NCS

2 posts in this topic

We have launched a new Collectors Society tier that combines professional conservation from NCS with grading from NGC. The Premium Plus Collectors Society membership gives you a coupon to submit five uncertified coins, valued at $3,000 or less, to be conserved by NCS and then graded by NGC. At only $249, this membership offers a significant savings.

Many coins can benefit from professional numismatic conservation. Coins with active surface contaminants such as PVC or residue are not eligible for grading by NGC. Conservation from NCS, however, can remove these contaminants and neutralize the coin’s surface, making a coin eligible for NGC certification and ensuring its long term preservation. Many collectors rely on professional conservation as a form of ongoing maintenance, similar to a health check up or an oil change for a vehicle. No coin’s surface is impervious to natural degradation, and coins may require some form of surface neutralization even if they are kept by the most diligent of collectors. Read more about the benefits of conservation .

Visit Collectors Society Membership Options to sign up.

I have about 40 coins to be graded and preserved to make them easier to sell.

I initially need to start with 4-5 of them but I am a total newbee at this. I just purchased an Associate membership thru NGC today but I'd like to probably get the coins about 3 of the 5 properly cleaned before they are graded and sealed by NGC. I have 1-1889 Morgan Dollar 2-1900 Morgan Dollars that are all kept in tissue and a plastic baggy. These 3 look like they are MS63 or higher. I have 1-1895-O Morgan Dollar that is in a 2x2 card/cellophane case and looks AU50+.

I have 1-1904 10 Dollar Gold coin also in a 2x2 card/cello case and looks MS64+.

I couldn't figure out from their website if they will take the 2 coins in the 2x2 holders and remove them from these cases and grade them and put in one of their case for me or if I have to have them removed from these card holders when I send them. I would like to do these with the Conservation from NCV program if I can but

do I simply upgrade my membership to this or what. I could not find info. for how I need to package them for shipment to NGC so I need whatever info. I can get on this.

Best Regards,

Bjorn