• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1934 S Peace

13 posts in this topic

My first impression was MS63, but I think the reverse is probably better than the photo is making it look and if the luster is good, it might have a shot at MS64.

These are NGC photos. The coin is very full of luster on the obverse. The reverse sat for 60+ years in a cardboard album, which developed the toning and lack of apparent luster. I just sent the coin in for a client and it graded MS64. I posted it to see if you all thought it would ever grade higher. It seems like 64 is the best grade on it. Thanks, Henry

These are NGC photos. The coin is very full of luster on the obverse. The reverse sat for 60+ years in a cardboard album, which developed the toning and lack of apparent luster. I just sent the coin in for a client and it graded MS64. I posted it to see if you all thought it would ever grade higher. It seems like 64 is the best grade on it. Thanks, Henry

I can honestly say from experience that I don't care very much for NGC's photography. I have an 1894-S Morgan Dollar in NGC MS64 that the NGC photos make look horrible, showing little luster (and seem to exaggerate contact marks). Based on my experience with NGC's photos, I would up my guess to at least MS64.