• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since its ugly toned Peace $ day...who likes thumb prints...

16 posts in this topic

182310615o.jpg182310615r.jpg

Cant resist when you can get one without a premium... Knowing this sellers coins (they dont do a great job of showing color & luster) I think the obverse will have some nice luster...

i was just on that website looking at their coins lol.

nice pickup, could be a pleasant surprise.

i always have a hard time trying to determine what these coins really look like (the website does have bad pics).

was just looking at that 1922 "light rose toned" peace dollar , but too lazy to register on the website just to make an offer on it.

and speaking of fingerprints, one of the morgans i purchased last week apparantly had some i didnt notice. oh well, 3 outta 4 came out decent. can live with that.

i was just on that website looking at their coins lol.

nice pickup, could be a pleasant surprise.

i always have a hard time trying to determine what these coins really look like (the website does have bad pics).

was just looking at that 1922 "light rose toned" peace dollar , but too lazy to register on the website just to make an offer on it.

and speaking of fingerprints, one of the morgans i purchased last week apparantly had some i didnt notice. oh well, 3 outta 4 came out decent. can live with that.

Im going to bet that one is pretty close... they got the luster in the pic... it might be a little better than the pics but not much...

But I bet the 22 NGC MS65 right next to it is a really nice coin...

I dont mind fingerprints as much as spots... especially if they seem to be part of the toning... on blast white coins they suck...

i was also interested in the ms65 1924 "deeply toned, blue irridescent" peace, as well as 1925 ms65 "lightly toned" peace for 179.

they just caught my eye and looked like fair prices. but again, i probably won't offer on them. eventually i would like to get some nice slabbed toned peace dollar thought. right now just working on morgans, while perusing what else is outthere.

ps: i dont think that peace you bot is "ugly". nice coin, pink yellow green looks like.

Yeah that 24 looks pretty nice... I would like to see that one in hand...

we will have to make jan. 7th the official NGC forum ugly peace dollar day.

So it is written, so it shall be done...

TonerGuy, when did u buy that? I just put an offer of $60 on it an hour or two ago.

I offered $62... 8 minutes before you did... lol

Its actually not half bad...

As are most toned Peace $...

I offered $62... 8 minutes before you did... lol

I offered $60, lol.

How did you know it was 8 minutes?

Funny thing is... i contemplated buying that a month ago, and then I lose out on it by minutes.

I offered $60, lol.

How did you know it was 8 minutes?

Funny thing is... i contemplated buying that a month ago, and then I lose out on it by minutes.

I was kiddin....

I was going to ask... for some reason, 28-S when toned, are usually golden/reddish/russet in color...still a very nice coin.

BTW 27-Ps are notorious for roses and pinks...