• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

digital microscope recommendations

9 posts in this topic

Need some help please!

As a new coin collector, I am hoping that some of you might be able to provide some recommendations for a digital microscope. I am looking for something that will take good photographs of the entire coin as well as something with significant zoom. Thanks to those that respond.

See more journals by jch0303

You will not find any microscope/camera set-up that will take good, full-coin images of anything much bigger than a cent. For anything larger, you would have to move the scope too far away, and the camera would not be able to focus well.

Your best bet would be to get a decent camera with a good macro function or one that permits interchangeable lenses. But, that won't completely resolve the issues of taking good close-ups. For this, you would still need a dedicated microscope/camera set-up.

For my close-ups, I use a Pac-Sci Binocular Stereomicroscope w/zoom. The gooseneck-mounted camera slips over one of the eyepieces. (NOTE: Eventually, I will upgrade to a trinocular model so that the camera has a dedicated eyepiece.) The scope has built-in over/under halogen lighting with a dimmer control for each. I prefer the halogen lighting to the LED lighting that most digital microscopes have.

Chris

120179.jpg.c0a637539a96d9fa203518df8aab88f8.jpg

120180.jpg.6f9bf2d7e75048887773da61cfc2278b.jpg

120181.jpg.4cca64b0006d2ce5522493fe23a19cb2.jpg

120182.jpg.509eb000ef2a0738b5443c76bbadf382.jpg

120183.jpg.f1d40545693346b275a046a340d44725.jpg

Does anybody know flexible led strip light the laws in michigan regarding led light kits?

for blue led strips on a ninja T5 LED Tube sportbike, i heard blue and red are illegal b/c they resemble emergency vehicles but can you use them

Led tube wholesale parked or will the police really care if you use them?

Based on your recommendation and picture examples I just ordered me a Celestron 44302 yesterday. It should arrive on or prior to May 2nd. Can't wait to use it.

Thanks for the information.

Michael

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

On 1/4/2012 at 2:58 AM, jharrel11-migration said:

Need some help please!

As a new coin collector, I am hoping that some of you might be able to provide some recommendations for a digital microscope. I am looking for something that will take good photographs of the entire coin as well as something with significant zoom. Thanks to those that respond.

See more journals by jch0303

Here you can find out the best digital microscope reviews. You can email me if you have some questions as well.

• Administrator

This is the original view of this journal on the Chat Boards. This view is locked, so members can no longer reply here.

This journal is also posted in the new Journals section, which is unlocked. Click the link below to see any other comments about this journal and post new replies.

https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/blogs/entry/7917-digital-microscope-recommendations/

• Administrator

You can also click "My Journal" in the main menu to quickly find your own journal, journal entries, and replies.

04 My Journal NGC.png

And you can search all journals by using the search tool.

05 Search Journals NGC.png

• Administrator

You can find journal entries by a specific author by using the search tool and visiting their profile, and you can follow members to get notifications when they post new content.

06 Members Journals NGC.png