• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1818 Capped Bust Half

13 posts in this topic

The only problems I see are a light old cleaning, and that ugly mangled 8. How unfortunate.

noow - the conjoined dentils to the left of the 5 on the reverse are made that way. It is often an easy identifier for certain marriages.

Recent pick-up raw. What do you think? Seller let it go cheap for "problems". Guesses?

1818.jpg

Cleaned , but still cool for the Dansco . Thats a 1818/7 o-102 r2 au58

Your photos are not the best but the coin does have the appearance of a cleaning. You have a 1818/7 which is a very collectible.

Technical grade is at least Au 58 . What did you pay for this coin ?

The only problems I see are a light old cleaning, and that ugly mangled 8. How unfortunate.

Yea that damm mangled 8 is a real distraction. :grin:

Yea that damm mangled 8 is a real distraction. :grin:

Thats right . I could take that off your hands and give you one without the mangled number which is ever so distracting :roflmao:

Your photos are not the best but the coin does have the appearance of a cleaning. You have a 1818/7 which is a very collectible.

Technical grade is at least Au 58 . What did you pay for this coin ?

It was a trade. I had a coin priced at $450 and we agreed to a straight trade.

Seller was asking $765 for this piece. Sold it as AU+ w/cleaning evident.

It has been leaned with dull surfaces, but it does have a lot of "meat" (detail). For the right price it is an okay buy. Part of what others might see in the legends is the typical die fatigue or perhaps die rust that often appears of coins of this type.

This is a O-103 later die state. Obverse 1-s2 die crack star 11. The first "8" is clearly larger than the second "8". Weakness in the lower portion of the first "8" is well known.

Reverse triple segment below lower leaves and field dot below RI.

Very nice example. AU55-58. I like this Bustie but I think it has been subjected to a cleaning.

Carl