• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple of relatively new pieces for the ANACS certificate type set *Revealed*

7 posts in this topic

I've added both of these coins in the last couple of months. The Half Cent fills a nice hole its a nice original piece. What do you think ANACS graded it in the 80's? The Roosevelt is actuall a replacement for a proof piece I had. I prefer to collect business strikes if I can find them. What do you think ANACS graded this piece in the 80's.

1851O8.jpg1851R8.jpg

1851anacs7.jpg[

1949O7.jpg1949R7.jpg

1949anacs7.jpg[

The 1851 half cent is a VF-30. Believe it or not that is a low grade for that coin design. The Braided Hair half cents that made for circulation from 1849 to 1857 saw very litte use, and most of the survivors by "honest wear" (not damage) grade EF or better.

The 1949 Roosevelt dime looks like an MS-65 to me, all things, including the stirke, considered.

My guesses are:

VF-30/30

MS-65/65

ANACS went through a period where they overgraded coronet half-cents by precisely 10 points on an amazingly consistent basis, but I don't know if they were doing so back in the photocert days.