• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$1600 for a toned Peace $

35 posts in this topic

Broadstruck - are you familiar with another toned Peace $ collector from the great state of Wisconsin ?

When I first got into toned Peace $ (early 2000s) I had heard rumors about one collector from there that had amassed a spectacular toned Peace $ collection during the 80s and 90s...

It might very well have been the Firefox collection as that's the only other toned Peace $1 set back then I knew was being formed. It was mostly MS65-66's nothing lower and a few of my MS65 that managed to get into MS66 holder after I sold (of course) I was told made it into that collection.

I need to dig though a few banker boxes in storage to see if I have any pics... However I feel they might have been Polaroids? :D

It might very well have been the Firefox collection as that's the only other toned Peace $1 set back then I knew was being formed. It was mostly MS65-66's nothing lower and a few of my MS65 that managed to get into MS66 holder after I sold (of course) I was told made it into that collection.

I need to dig though a few banker boxes in storage to see if I have any pics... However I feel they might have been Polaroids? :D

I would also like to see the pics... and thank you for putting a name to the rumor.. I have heard of the collection however I have never heard any of the coins discussed or described in anyway...I can certainly understand the black hole they entered...

I also heard the rumor that the collector may have passed away so perhaps the coins have been sold off to other black hole collectors...

I would love to see several come back on the market though...