• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1837 Cap Dime

5 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11957&item=3912383902&ssPageName=STRK:MESSE:IT

If this link doesn't work search under my name

centerringsales.

I just inherited a coin collection that I am sorting through to figure out what is what. I live here in Sarasota. Just not sure what I should have graded or not graded. Please let me know what you think this coin is really worth.

Thanks

Hi, your coin looks to grade VG8 to F12 and the PCGS price guide lists the value at approximately $30. Therefore, I'm not certain what you were looking at when you wrote your price range in your auction, perhaps another date? The dealer Greysheet values this coin at $21 in VG8 and $25 in F12. Your opening bid is a fair price, but I think it will sell for somewhat more than that.

I just re-read your auction and I think that the coin might not sell for more than the opening bid for a few reasons. First, you have relatively low feedback and are a newly registered user. Also, you are not giving the option of insurance on the shipment of the coin; I personally would never bid on an auction where insurance was precluded. Similarly, you do not list a return policy and I would not bid on a coin auction without having the option to return the piece. Additionally, you will only accept PayPal and many folks, again like me, will not use PayPal. Lastly, your shipping fee of $4.50, which doesn't include any insurance, is seriously high and this will essentially make the coin a bad buy should someone bid it up much more. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input. I will ad some of your suggestions. The shipping fee is for Priority mail box which is $3.85, so I am not making money like alot of other people in the shipping area. Great suggestions. Where do I get a white sheet? There are so many websites with such different prices for the same coin.

Thanks again.

I figured you were shipping Priority Mail, but I didn't see you state it. The cynic in many folks might think you will ship the coin in a regular envelope and pocket the extra money. You can buy a Greysheet at their web site under the "Specials" link. This will cost you something like $13 and you will have the latest Greysheet pricing information on every US coin series. Alternatively, you could subscibe to this but it will cost significantly more. If you are concerned about selling the coins, and not collecting them, then the $13 is the way to go. Good luck.