• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Beautiful Huegonot/Walloon Tercentenary Half Dollar

3 posts in this topic

Is on its way!!!

Hi All,

Hope your all enjoying the Holiday Season and getting those special numismatic treasures that make your heart skip a beat.

I participated in a Secret Santa exchange with some other board members and received a very nice 1943 Mexican silver Peso (.720 Fine) and a CU 1970 Mexican Peso bill from Jeff in Lansing MI. That was fun, gonna make sure I do that again next year.

But on to the topic at hand. I was told today that my 1924 Huguenot Half, PCSG MS63, is in the mail and should arrive shortly. The dealer I purchased from is only about 100 miles up the highway from me so I am hoping for delivery NLT wednesday.

The Huguuenot Half commemorates the 400th anniversary of the colonization of New York by a small group of Dutch and other European settlers. Oddly enough the individuals depicted on the obverse, William the Silent and Admiral Gaspard De Coligny had no real connection to the event commemorated, I guess they were two faces of convenience. Peter Minuit would have been a more logical choice.

The reverse depicts a ship representing those that brought the Dutch and other European colonists to present day New York. The design was by George T. Morgan and is generally pleasing to the eye.

Thanks for your interest, Happiest Holidays to the entire NGC collector community. You all ROCK!!

Later,

Malcolm

10095.JPG

See more journals by BeawChan