• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US GOLD COINS

13 posts in this topic

hi there and welcome to the boards

you have a 1908-s saint gaudens 20 dollar gold piece

au looks genuine to my minds eye

see the s mint mark above the 1908 date?? this means it was struck in san francisco

see on the reverse it has the words in god we trust

this means it is a with motto 1908-s 20 dollar gold piece well san fran only made with motto saints lol but you get my point

it might be the photo but it looks cleaned i think it is just the photo but i cant see it in hand so this is the best i can do

looks again like a nice decent au coin

THIS COIN NEEDS TO BE SENT INTO NGC FOR GRADING AS IT IS WORTH CLOSE TO 5000.00 USD if graded au 50 53 or so by ngc in a problem free holder

okie lets do this

LETS ASSUME IT GETS SLABBED BY NGC AS AU 50 THEN I HAVE SEEN AU 50 COINS OF THIS DATE SELL AT AUCTION FOR AROUND 4500 USD

AND DEPENDING ON THE GRADE IT COMES BACK AND WAHT IT LOOKS LIKE IN HAND SIGHT SEEN IT COULD BE WORTH THAT OR MORE

good luck and again welcome to the boards

a low mintage coin too with only 22,000 minted

after looking at your coin again it looks like from some rim damage it could have been formerly mounted in a bezel ?? and since i cant see it in hand the the photo is a strange color might just be the photo?? i dont know but in hand could be different

your best bet

this coin needs to be sent to ngc for grading to maximise its value and saleability and see what ngc says as they can look at it in their hands sight seen and they have expert graders

it is worth a shot as it is a coin that could be worth up to 4500+ dollars dependi ng on the grade and if it comes back in a details holder saying it has some damage to the coin worth around 1800-1900 at least i would think and the slab no matter what will help saleability and demand

here

http://www.ngccoin.com/services/submitting.asp

thanks..

the foto i taken with flash on camera.

tomorrow i will make a new foto.

the coin is more pretty in hand then in foto..

price for grade at ngc??

LETS ASSUME IT GETS SLABBED BY NGC AS AU 50 THEN I HAVE SEEN AU 50 COINS OF THIS DATE ngc/pcgs slabbed SELL AT AUCTION FOR AROUND 4500 USD

The 1908 S appears to be lacking luster in the pics, so if that is the case, it probably has been scrubbed. Still a very rare coin with 22k minted

the 1909 S may be a decent MS something coin, but no way to tell just from those pics

The $10 could be anything from an AU-55 to an MS-62 again no way to really tell

Ditto for the $5

thanks johnny

but i got alot non gold coins too.

im fighting with my camera.

more foto will come soon.

im not a collector just lucky to get some coins from my grandmother

i need help:-)

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff498/Rawzone1980/2011-12-20150853.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff498/Rawzone1980/2011-12-20150840.jpg

please tell me how to make a good picture off a coin.

how to place light on it.

and what is importent for u to see close up?

would it help to use a magnifying glass?