• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1907 ST GAUDENS $20 GOLD PIECE

7 posts in this topic

HI, Selling off a few of my coins this season to pay some bills, and fund Christmas. Offering up my 1907 St Gaudens $20 Gold piece. Its in beatiful condition, and has been stored in a safety deposit box since 1980. PM me if interested. Asking 10% over spot price of gold per oz.

DSC02058.jpg

DSC02060.jpg

Cheers,

John

10% over spot is a good price.. but I would disagree with the MS66.. whats wrong with the obverse rim at the 1 o'clock? Was this mounted in jewerly before? Also, could be the picture but was the coin polished?

Can you hang more pictures of this?

I'm at work right now, but I will post some more later. I agree with the not a 66 comment. As for the mounting and polishing I have no knowledge of it being either or. I recieved it in a deposit box from a family loss. There was a legend with an inventory in the box that showed it was placed there in in 1980 and it list the store where my grandfather bought it and how much he paid. It was from a coin dealer so I would assume it wasn't mounted or cleaned. There are a few pics at the below link, but I will post more pics after work.

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa112/jhorton_photo/Gold%20for%20Sale/