• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange US Mint emails - anyone else by S.TRZEBIATOWSKI

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Your order for 5 coin set is backordered

I have been getting a email every few weeks from the US Mint (yes they are actually from the Mint) that say my order for the 25th anniversary 5 coin American Eagles is back ordered. When I got the first one I thought maybe I was on a wait list and had a chance now that I havegotten the third on with a 12/26/11 date I suspect there will be no coins coming and the next email will say that. Anyone else getting these - better yet did anyone actually get coins after receiving these emails?

See more journals by S.TRZEBIATOWSKI

Me-2. My son had two orders-for one set each, and both were eventually Cancelled after getting a New Backorder date daily. Apparently the Mint still has some sets to ship, or hasn't fully completed confirmation of that October 27 mess. End of November, one order was Resurrected, and now almost daily, were still getting the same old, same old each day- the Backordered/Ship Date is pushed back another day- Currently at December 29. Hey if we get another set, Great, if not- Poooee on them.

I've gotten several of these emails. I just looked at my order status on the US Mint web site and it says...

Order number: 3839****

Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 06:19 PM

Order Status: Your order request is in process.

Billed to:

25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET .... 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 12/29/2011.

Is there still any hope?

I've gotten several of these emails. I just looked at my order status on the US Mint web site and it says...

Order number: 3839****

Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 06:19 PM

Order Status: Your order request is in process.

Billed to:

25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET .... 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 12/29/2011.

Is there still any hope?

This is what mine said as it was being processed. You could have them in a few days from this point. It no longer says backordered.