• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most of my box of 20 is in NGC holders.

43 posts in this topic

OK and now the proofs. When they arrived I felt I hit the jackpot. I gave them acetone baths and here is what came out. NGC just gave both of these PR 66 ULTRA CAMEO

#1 had a nice metallic plum toning in the fields only which enhanced the cameo effect:

1obvs.jpg

1revs.jpg

1obvtilts.jpg

and #2 is just a blast white deep cameo beauty

2obvs.jpg

2revs.jpg

2TiltMirrobvs.jpg2Tiltrev2s.jpg

OK and lastly for today Ill come back to the US. I dont have great pics of these but all 3 of these walkers are in my bo20. The midde I posted, the other 2 I have not. The one on the left is raw and not for everyone but I absolutely love the toning on it. The one on the right has an amazing golden reddish tone on the obverse with an awesome bright red reverse with neon green coming up behind the red. I did not get to photograph these with my good equipment so these pics dont to them justice, especially the red and greens on the reverse of the 46

ShowcaseMed.gif

46 rev

1946WalkerNGCMS65Rev.jpg

OK back to the US for this one. Again not much story. I bought this from KryponiteComics who always has amazing coins. As you can tell by the rest of my collection I am not a big bank colector. All of coins were under 500$ so the washington series is one of the few series of silver coinage I would like to complete some day. This is my favorite washington quarter and it is in an NGC 66*. I call her Starry Night because it reminds me of one of my favorite paintings(but no I am not a learned art person). The luster on this one is booming under the great toning.

1964024.jpg

That 1964 Washington toner is absolutely beautiful! FANTASTIC coin! :applause: (thumbs u

I've always had a fondness for Mexican coinage and the Caballito is a terrific type coin, but oddly, I rarely see them with any color at all. The new Peace dollar and the primarily red-auburn Peace dollar are also killers. However, I think the FAO series is my favorite sub-group in this bunch. Cool pieces!

I've always had a fondness for Mexican coinage and the Caballito is a terrific type coin, but oddly, I rarely see them with any color at all. The new Peace dollar and the primarily red-auburn Peace dollar are also killers. However, I think the FAO series is my favorite sub-group in this bunch. Cool pieces!

Thanks Tom. Those FAO proofs were so tough to track down. Took 5 years to find them and when I did I found 4 in the same week They were overseas in Uruguay and Argentina. the 2 I bought, a polished one and one with some kind of liquid based damage. I kind of wish I had bought the 2 damaged ones anyway as there were only 250 minted. I havent seen any since, and I have been looking for more.

You are right about the mexicans coins being tough in color. I decided that proof-like qualities would make a good substitute for some of the world issues I'd like to add.

add some more stuff!

I have a few unphotgraphed pieces and that wont change until I either re-buy camera equip or send some stuff off the KryptoComics for shots. The plan is to have 2 box of 20s, one World and one US based. I have a shortlist of world coins I'd like to add in the next couple of years but it will be hard getting to a box of unique 20 because I have very particular tastes so it will be a while.

Here's another world piece in the box.

These Balboas were minted in Philadelphia on old morgan planchets so they are kinda grey siders.

BalboaShowcaseS.jpg