• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1880-CC GSA Morgan

11 posts in this topic

I'm new to this, but if this one is for fun anyways...

I'd say 64 on this one. The marks on the cheek preclude a 65 or 64+, but I don't see the types/quantity of marks that would lower this one down to a 63.

At least an MS64....I can't tell what that is on the neck or I might say 64+ or MS65....CC's are known to be quite baggy so the tpgs are a little more forgiving of marks on them...you can't grade them the same as the common dates because the TPGs don't. (thumbs u

Difficult to grade when the photo's show little detail. I usually find if the photo's are weak, then it's hiding something on the coin. I say you did good not purchasing the coin (as seen in the photo's provided). My guess is 63 or less. Best of luck with your collection building.

Chet

Ill go with MS64. But as stated above, the photos make it difficult to tell. The Obverse photo is blurred (kinda looks like DDO stars... which Im sure its not).