• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin holders

5 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Thanks for the question. Please do not use any staples when sending coins to NGC, and if they are in flips do not tape the flips shut. A rubber band and some bubble wrap (maybe a bubble mailing envelope within a box) should be more than enough to protect the coins in shipping.

Max,

Are the mylar white cardboard flap/flips acceptable as long as they are not stapled or taped.

And also, What environment is best in long term storing of your graded coins.

i.e. a dry dark safe?

You guys offer a great service for the industry.

Thank you

-D

hi guys, i recently purchased (1) banco de mexico proof set.2010. with the 1onza-1/2onza-1/4onza-1/10onza and the 1/20 onza. and a libertad colleccion with the same denominations in ms quality 1992. do you grade these? and do you put them in one large multi-coin holder? i am new to these kind of coins and picked them up for a steal and thought it would be nice to have them in a n.g.c. holder. thanks danny fricker

• Administrator

David, I'm not sure what you mean. If they are 2x2's, then I don't know how you'd close them without taping or stapling them shut. If they are plastic flips that you can fold over, then that's fine. Clear plastic flips are the ideal way to send in the coins.

A dry area is best. While the slabs are nearly airtight, they are not always 100% airtight, so you should try to avoid humidity. To my knowledge, it doesn't matter if coins are kept in a dark area vs. a lighted area, but a dry dark safe couldn't hurt.

coin guy dan, yes, we would grade those coins. We no longer offer a multi-coin holder so the coins would have to go into individual holders.

Thanks for the questions.