• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long can this many sets be sold? 25th Anniversary Silver Eagles

2 posts in this topic

Just happened to check out Ebay. I looked up 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Sets. The result listed 1019 auctions. Last week the one time I checked there was 800+ listings. Some of these auctions are for 5 sets. So I am going to take a guess that 1500 to 2000 sets are sold on Ebay a week. (and this guess is for Ebay alone, not any other seller) How long can this possibly last there were only 100,000 sets made. Anyone want to take a guess as to when Ebay auctions of the sets listed will be less than 100 a week.

The other day, I took a quick look and noticed that a number of sets went unsold. Likely to be relisted.

You are also looking at a flood as people get hit with the CC bills now. Weak hands. Add to that the people that had many friends/family purchase for them (at cost or maybe gave them a little bonus) and the bills can pile up.

We may be over the best of the prices, but I think we are hitting a temporarily, possibly pre-mature, low in the prices due to the different reasons. Kind of like what happened with the 2006 sets...