• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dec 8th Deadline - Received or Post Marked

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

For the 25th Anniv Early Release Cut-off. Does it have to be received by NGC by the 8th or is it postmarked by the 8th.

If NGC is having so much backlog, how will you know what is in the door when and if it makes the cutoff?

• Administrator

Thank you for the question. The 25th Anniversary Sets must be received by NGC by December 8.

The mail is grouped and marked by date received, so even if the backlog prevents us from opening the boxes on the 8th, we will know that they were at our facility by that deadline.

If my enclosed invoice inside the unopened box from the mint shows that I ordered the set during the mint first release date but due to the mint backlog in mailing out my coins resulting in me receiving late (thus NGC will be receiving my submission after the cutoff date of December 8), can I still request the Early Release designation?

In addition, I can provide tracking information on when I received the package from the mint to indicate that I try my fastest to mail you the package for grading.

Also, what happen if I send off to NCS first. Is it "must be received by NGC" or does "received by NCS" count?

• Administrator

David/Boston -- I believe Priority Mail is two to three business days so it should arrive at NGC in time for the Early Releases designation. However, that might be something take up with the Post Office.

PorL -- NGC recognizes the Early Releases period by the date we receive the coins. If we do not receive the coins by December 8 we would not be able to give them the Early Releases designation. If they are received by NCS on or before December 8 that would count as being within the Early Releases period.

Thank you for the questions.

• Administrator

Hi Amarillo,

It's automatic if you check the Modern Special tier and the submission is in house before the deadline. It's good practice to write Early Releases on the invoice just in case, but we'll be doing it by default -- especially for the 25th Anniversary Sets.