• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accugrade Holders

32 posts in this topic

FishyOne

How does this story end?

Did you buy the set of 65 of them?

Have you cracked any out that you thought would upgrade?

Any Good VAMs?

I found this thread very interesting and I am hoping for the big finish, I would assumed that you did buy them.

I would be interested in buying two of them, if you might want to sell some, even any of what you think might be the low grades. One Morgan and One Peace, or a pair of different ones with different labels. Send me a PM if you want.

Thanks for the story

Bob

It has a pleasant ending Bob. I traded my sealed box of 5 ASE sets for the 65 slabbed S$1 + $500 cash and was happy with them. I have not cracked out any of them. Most are common dates with just a couple of the Morgans being slightly better dates. None were solid 65s with a few being 64+ to me - not worth cracking.

I did a brief VAM search and didn't find any top VAMs but must admit to not being a big variety guy (yet). My concern with this lot was finding sliders. They were none. The group averaged 63. Several looked like 62s and several looked 64+. The Peace dollars were amazingly free of dreaded "milk spots". :)

A happy camper here because the holders are totally cool. A bought one of Alan's books and it's very interesting. Alan handled tens of thousands of silver dollars starting in the early '60s when he was a kid. No doubt about his grading ability at all. These 1984-85 vintage slabs were his best work.

PM sent.