• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, Who's the Bozo? posted by Captain Clipon

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I have been working on my Lincoln Satin (ms69) set for some time, but did I pay too much?

I just picked up the last 2009 Lincoln Satin MS69 coin for my registry set!! I now have all 8 of them. I paid $75.00 for the last one (09-P Presidency).

I feel pretty good at this moment, and am continuing to look for the other Satins that I need (07-D, 08-D, 2010 P-D).

OK, so I am poking around trying to find total mintages for the Uncirculated Mint Sets, AKA Satin sets, and I find this Bozo claiming to have found all 8 of the 09 Satins (again in MS69) for $23.00 EACH!

I have no reason to believe that someone would make up those kind of numbers, but I am pretty sure that on average I paid a little more than that.

It's frustrating but I plod on undaunted. The 09 Satins have a lover mintage than the 1931-S Lincoln. I know, they can't be put in the same category as regular business strikes, but you have to admit that's pretty low, in any grade.

Now to the MS68 Business strikes!

That's a whole 'nother story...

Oh, and I believe that my 09 Lincoln set is sitting at #7... :)

See more journals by Captain Clipon